Are these paper or cloth?
- The material is closer to a paper, but it has the feel of nylon.
Does it matter which side comes in contact with the jewelry?
- The tab does not need to touch the jewelry to work as intended. Each tab will absorb tarnish-causing gases in the air.
Can they be used with bronze as well as silver?
- As long as the tab is placed in a sealed container, or bag, the tab will function as intended. They will work on all precious metals and other keepsake items that are susceptible to tarnish, including bronze, silver plated fashion jewelry.
How long before they lose their anti-tarnish properties?
- These anti tarnish tabs can be used continuously for up to 12 months under normal usage.
Will these tabs remove tarnish already on the silver?
- These tabs will not remove tarnish, they will only inhibit more tarnishing from happening
Are these 100% safe with real pearls? Gemstone beads like onyx? Crystal beads?
- Yes, they are safe for any pearls, crystal or other stones, even soft material like turquoise.
Will these stop brass items from tarnishing?
- Yes, they will help keep brass from tarnishing.
Is the anti-tarnish tabs effective in an organza type pouch ?
- They will help, but would be more effective if the item was in a poly bag.
- Does this work if I put them inside airtight jewelry boxes as well?
- Yes, they will work in any airtight container.
Do you have them larger than 1"?
- They only have them in the 1" at this time.
Do they lose effectiveness in about 12 months only when put in with silver or another metal?
- When using them with metals they will last for 12+ months.
How do I store my unused supply do they lose their effectiveness in that time period?
- If the unused tabs are kept sealed in their original packaging or other sealed container, they will keep for up to 5 years.
Do these tabs contain Campfor?
- This item does not contain campfor.